The parish church of St Ives is dedicated to St. Ia of Cornwall, supposedly an Irish holy woman of the 5th or 6th Century. Legend has it that she sailed into St. Ives on a leaf. The current building dates to the reign of King Henry V of England. It became a parish church in 1826. It was built between 1410 and 1434.
The tower is of granite and of four stages and over 80 feet high. The church is large but not particularly high and built in a Devonian rather than a Cornish style.
About St. Ia's Church
St. Ia, St. Ives Parish Church Website
Journey to St. Ia's Church
St. Ia's Church is located in the seaside resort town of St. Ives, Cornwall, England.
Sacred Destinations: St. Ives Church
Wikipedia: St Ia's Church, St Ives
Wikipedia: Ia of Cornwall
Ordnance Survey Map (SW5175440592)
Visitors information may be found at the St. Ia's Parish Church website. General tourist information for St. Ives and the surrounding area may be found on the St. Ives Tourism website.
Additional Photos of St. Ia's Church
St. Ia's Church Tower
St. Ives, Location of St. Ia's Church